Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Worked on brakes this weekend

This was a weekend for brakes. Here in the front, I installed a third-party bracket that allows me to put these big Brembo calipers on the Subaru knuckles.
I'm using the same (massive) discs in the rear brakes, and the emergency/parking brake calipers don't quite open up far enough to squeeze them.
So I bought some .080" aluminum stock and made a couple of shims to space them out a little.
Success! Here is a rear knuckle with everything bolted up.

I also did a bunch of thinking and planning about the firewall at the rear of the cabin. I believe I will not be using the firewall sections provided with the kit, but I have not yet decided 100% what to replace them with. Options include .063" aluminum, .125" aluminum, mild steel, and carbon steel; and welded or riveted construction.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment