Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Correcting an oversight

In my previous post, I mentioned that there was an oversight in the design of the kit, and that I was going to fabricate a rear firewall to separate the engine bay from the fuel tank area. Here, I am using the templates I made previously to draw out the pieces onto .063" aluminum sheet. I used a jigsaw with a 30TPI metal-cutting blade to cut things out.
So here's the first piece on the frame, just using a couple of clamps. I'm going to work on final alignment, then get it marked, drilled, and Clecoed up, so I can make new templates for all the pieces around it.
This piece was supposed to go immediately to the left of the piece shown above, but the alignment was terrible and I ended up calling it scrap. I have some ideas about making a better piece, and I am working on those ideas today.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment