Saturday, May 30, 2020

The First Day

Yesterday, the kit arrived. I spent the rest of the day going through the 18 boxes of parts and inventorying everything. Today, I re-inventoried one of the boxes, because I had not checked off once piece - "80604 - Coolant Tube Cover, Left." I did find it, which is of course a good thing.

I also dismounted all the body panels and some aluminum bits which were temporarily installed for shipping. What you see at left is not quite the final state - I also had to take off the windscreen and its frame.

The first step in actually putting pieces onto the frame is to install two pieces of underbody aluminum. I am out of time and energy today, but I did manage to get the frame rolled onto its side for that operation. Tomorrow, I will dig out the two pieces I need, then mark, drill, and rivet them into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment